Thanks for your interest in blogging for The Qrius Rhino! We love connecting with contributors who can help us enrich our content so as to trigger the curiosity of science, technology and medicine within our readers.
Point to keep in mind!
- Our aim and target audience: People who are interested in science, technology and medicine in general, ranging from being in their sophomore years in academia to being field experts. Even some of our contents are deliberately made to encourage people not studying science to get engaged with the beauty of understanding simple but essential concepts related to topics in science, technology and medicine.
- Something original: Only original memes are accepted! This means your content should not have been published elsewhere.
We strongly recommend you go through some of our published contents to have a better understanding of what we mean.
- Something fresh and relevant containing practical takeaways: Content should be appealing in general. Preferably your meme should introduce the audience to something interesting, encourage thinking from a fresh angle, or offer some important suggestions on how and why to do something different/better (rather than just ‘what’).
- Give credit: Always give a reference to your facts and quotations. Citing the original sources is mandatory.
- Create an engaging excerpt specific to your content: Your content will attract more readers if they have a short description (20-30 words at max.) that is intricately selected so as to tell something related to your meme or raise some question you answered which will incite curiosity in the readers as to why they should go through the entire content. We also use this for our social posts for the same reason.
- Maintain decency: Our contents are not intended to hurt anyone or any form of belief or any institution in any possible way. So, please choose the theme judiciously, maintain decency by not using any vulgar/slang elements or expression-forms and all criticisms should be constructive/impersonal/unbiased/logical with supporting explanation and evidence with authentic references. Publishing any content of any form is subjected to a final decision by the TQR team, which shall stand final (reasons will be intimidated over email if rejected).
- Grammatical correctness: Any content without grammatical errors are so smooth to read. That’s why we encourage you to check whether whatever you are writing is grammatically correct or not. You may use the help of software checking the same.
- Are you associated with any of the sources of your content?
Kindly let us know of any relationship/partnership/association you have with links or sources used in the content.
- Kindly avoid any sort of self-promotion in the article: We would love to feature the most interesting sides of you in your author bio.
- Credit any third-party source: In case you are contributing a quote or tip to another author’s article, we will be happy to include a link to your personal social media or other profile you choose (not corporate).
How to submit?
Please check the Contact page for finding where to email us the content. However, make sure that you include the following:
- Keep the subject of your email as: CONTENT SUBMISSION_MEME_YOUR NAME
- Attach your text files (if any) to the email as a Word document file (.docx).
- Attach the meme(s) in acceptable format (
.ico) as separate attachments to your email.
- Your bio. Keep it short (50 words approx.).
- Your photograph for the “About the author” section.
- Include IDs of your social handles so that we can tag you to our announcement posts.
Our team will critically review your submission. You will be notified about the status of your content within one week of submission. You will also be kept posted about when we are planning to publish it. Usually, we post new content based on a first-come-first-serve basis. However, there might be slight alterations to this schedule due to some reasons. Regarding any change or delay of the post, the decision of the team will stand final and it will be intimidated prior to the initial date. Once a date has been allotted (will be informed over email) for publishing the content, it cannot be retracted.
Are you still doubtful about something?
Don’t worry, we have you covered yet again! Shoot us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll be very happy to help.
Learn more about how you can contact us here.